Сьогодні: П'ят березня 29, 2024 6:36 am

Часовий пояс UTC

Створити нову тему Відповісти  [ 1 повідомлення ] 
Автор Повідомлення
 Тема повідомлення: The biggest concern going into the week
ПовідомленняДодано: Вів вересня 24, 2019 8:36 am 
Офлайн

Повідомлення: 143
This time Dawson Knox Jersey , the short porch at Yankee Stadium ended up hurting the home team.

Even with one of baseball’s tallest players posted at the wall.

Ronald Acuna Jr. hit a two-run homer in the 11th inning that nicked the glove of a leaping Aaron Judge in right field, and the Atlanta Braves beat the New York Yankees 5-3 on Monday in a matchup between the top teams in each league entering the night.

”It should give us a lot of confidence,” Braves manager Brian Snitker said. ”It’s good for our young guys that come into a place like this against a team like this, as good as they are, and play well.”

Johan Camargo homered early and Jesse Biddle pitched out of a late jam for the NL East leaders, who followed up a three-game sweep in St. Louis with their fourth consecutive victory. Atlanta (49-34) is 15 games over .500 for the first time since the conclusion of the 2013 season.

New York (54-28) fell a game behind first-place Boston in the AL East.

The 20-year-old Acuna also doubled and drove in three runs, four years to the day after the touted rookie signed with the Braves.

”First time here at Yankee Stadium,” he said through a translator. ”First home run at Yankee Stadium is very special to me.”

Judge hit his 23rd homer and second in two nights. Gleyber Torres had three hits and scored twice, but the rookie second baseman’s 10th error since he was called up April 22 helped Atlanta get started in the 11th.

Playing on the outfield grass, Torres booted Nick Markakis‘ leadoff grounder. One out later, Acuna lofted a 1-2 pitch from David Robertson (5-3) the other way. Judge, all 6-foot-7 of him, got in good position at the auxiliary scoreboard and jumped, but the ball glanced off the tip of his webbing and cleared the fence.

”Tough play. I want to make that play for D-Rob and I wasn’t able to come through,” Judge said. ”That’s all it is Brian Burns Jersey , just a little timing. If I time it up right I make that play. On that one, I was just a little late.”

Robertson slumped near the mound as an excited Acuna circled the bases with his seventh home run – third in the past six games.

”Man, when he hit it I thought it was an out, to be honest with you,” Robertson said. ”Playing here at Yankee Stadium, you see it happen all the time. The short porch gets you in right field.”

Robertson had faced 182 right-handed batters without giving up a home run since Adam Rosales connected off him on June 25, 2017.

A.J. Minter got three outs for his fourth save .

”He’s got a save in Wrigley Field and Yankee Stadium. I mean, that’s pretty good for a first-year reliever,” Snitker said. ”And you can tell, he’s liking that situation, too. He doesn’t back down. He’s got a lot of confidence in himself.”

New York stranded 12 and went a season-worst 0 for 12 with runners in scoring position.

The Yankees had the bases loaded with one out in the 10th before Biddle (2-0) struck out Greg Bird and Austin Romine on seven pitches. The left-hander fanned four in two scoreless innings.

”These fans are pretty loud, and I was just trying to quiet them down,” Biddle said.

Aroldis Chapman struck out the side in the ninth for the Yankees, hitting a season-high 104 mph on the stadium radar gun to oohs and aahs from the crowd of 43,792. Dellin Betances retired slugger Freddie Freeman with runners at the corners to end the 10th.

Judge hit a pop-fly homer to right in the first and has gone deep in four of his last six games. Camargo answered with a leadoff shot in the third against rookie starter Jonathan Loaisiga Greg Little Jersey , who was sent to the minors after the game.

Braves right-hander Anibal Sanchez allowed three runs in six innings.

ROSTER SHUFFLE

Loaisiga was optioned to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre to open a spot for RHP A.J. Cole (neck strain), who will be reinstated from the disabled list Tuesday. Yankees manager Aaron Boone said there’s a good chance Loaisiga will return next Monday to start in a doubleheader at Baltimore.

ALL IN THE FAMILY

With the international signing period open, the Yankees landed the younger brother of ace pitcher Luis Severino. Rafael Severino is a 19-year-old right-hander from the Dominican Republic who will start out at the club’s academy there.

”Yippee. Sign me up for that,” Boone said. ”Definitely good to have another Severino in the mix.”

The elder Severino, who is 13-2 with a 1.98 ERA, leads the majors in wins and the AL in ERA. He said he was excited, and happily delivered the news to his kid brother.

”He was flipping out. He didn’t believe it,” Luis Severino told reporters . ”I think he’s going to be really good.”

TRAINER’S ROOM

Braves: Reliever Peter Moylan was placed on the 10-day DL with a strained right forearm and RHP Matt Wisler was optioned to Triple-A Gwinnett. OF Michael Reed and RHP Evan Phillips were called up from Triple-A. … Arodys Vizcaino (right shoulder inflammation) threw a bullpen and could come off the disabled list Tuesday. Vizcaino, who has 15 saves, has been sidelined since June 21.

Yankees: RHP Masahiro Tanaka (two strained hamstrings) threw a bullpen and is scheduled to make a rehab start Wednesday at Triple-A. He could rejoin the team early next week in Baltimore – perhaps in time to pitch in the doubleheader. … As a precaution, Romine (left hamstring) was out of the starting lineup for the second consecutive night. He entered at catcher in the ninth. Romine will likely start one of the next two games, Boone said.

COSTA MESA, Calif. (AP) — Philip Rivers and the Los Angeles Chargers didn’t have much time to celebrate reaching double-digit wins for the first time in nine seasons.While most teams get 24 hours to savor a victory, the Chargers spent about 24 minutes to revel in their 26-21 win over the Cincinnati Bengals before preparations began for Thursday’s pivotal AFC West matchup at Kansas City.“I heard some of the guys going back to the facility right now, get in a cold tub Will Grier Jersey , start that. Start watching tape. We have to get going, start shifting gears and hurry,” quarterback Philip Rivers said after the game.Los Angeles (10-3) goes into the game one game behind the Chiefs (11-2). A win would clinch a playoff spot for the first time since 2013 while also keeping its hopes of a division title and possible top seed in the AFC alive.Even if the Chargers won, Kansas City would hold the tiebreaker based on a better division record. The Chiefs end the season at Seattle and hosting Oakland while the Chargers wrap up with a home game against Baltimore and a trip to Denver.Kansas City, which has already secured a postseason berth, would clinch the division with a win.Coach Anthony Lynn is keeping the same preparation plan that he used for last year’s Thanksgiving Day game at Dallas. The Chargers ended up winning that game 28-6.Monday was a walkthrough and Tuesday will be non-padded before the team travels to Kansas City on Wednesday.“One of the biggest things about this week is recovery, getting guys to recover and play fast and physical and how you handle that and we always struggle with doing too much and not doing enough. Same thing with X’s and O’s,” Lynn said.“That’s kind of what we’re doing right now. We’re working to get that balance as best we can and go out and play a football game.”About the only benefit preparation-wise is that it is a division game. However, the Chiefs have won the past nine in the series.“I think mentally with a team being in the division, and again, there will be some wrinkles that they’ll have and wrinkles that we’ll have, but at least we know personnel-wise who we are playing,” Rivers said.“Schematically, for the most part, we know what their base stuff is and they know what our base stuff is. It’s not a matter of Christian Miller Jersey , ‘Gosh, we need to dig into this opponent and figure out who they are.’ Now, you still have to get all of your preparation in, in a short period of time, but I think that can get done.”The biggest concern going into the week is the status of running backs Melvin Gordon and Austin Ekeler. Gordon, who is fourth in the league in yards from scrimmage per game (125.5), has missed the past two games because of an MCL sprain to his right knee. Ekeler is in the concussion protocol after reporting symptoms during the walkthrough. Ekeler, who had 66 yards on 15 carries against Cincinnati, was hit in the head by Clayton Fejedelem on an onside kick and also suffered a pinched nerve in his neck.Lynn said not having a full-speed practice to evaluate Gordon is a bit of a concern, but that the same cuts and moves Gordon would make on the practice field can also be done on the side.If Gordon and Ekeler are unable to play, rookies Justin Jackson and Detrez Newsome would be the running backs. Jackson had 63 yards in the Dec. 2 win at Pittsburgh. Newsome has appeared in only seven games — mostly on special teams — and has only five carries.The Chargers’ biggest worry defensively is trying to contain quarterback Patrick Mahomes and wide receiver Tyreek Hill. Mahomes passed for 256 yards and four touchdowns while Hill scored three touchdowns in a 38-28 win in the regular-season opener on Sept. 9.Hill has seven touchdowns — five receiving and two on punt returns — in five games against the Chargers.“They’re a different team and different players, but we’re a different team too,” safety Derwin James said. “Every week Mahomes is getting better too. He’s making some crazy throws. You know what type of guy you are getting this week.”

Догори
 Профіль  

Відображати повідомлення за:  Сортувати за  
Створити нову тему Відповісти  [ 1 повідомлення ] 

Часовий пояс UTC

Хто зараз онлайн

Зараз переглядають цей форум: Немає зареєстрованих користувачів і 1 гість

Ви не можете створювати нові теми у цьому форумі
Ви не можете відповідати на теми у цьому форумі
Ви не можете редагувати ваші повідомлення у цьому форумі
Ви не можете видаляти ваші повідомлення у цьому форумі
Ви не можете додавати файли у цьому форумі